updated August 2019
IS COM wants to share information about its services for the regulatory profession with you, through channels which include email, post or social media – but only in line with your preferences and the current legislation.
IS COM is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In your interactions with us, should you provide information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- We will only collect the data we need to perform our services to you
- We will ask for your consent before we contact you
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant and based on the preference information you give us
- You can update your preferences at any time
- Your information will be stored securely and only for as long as we need it for the purpose it was collected
- You can ask for your details to be deleted at any time and we expect you to keep us advised of any changes in your details so that they remain current and correct
- You can ask to see a copy of any information we hold on you
- We will not publish information about you which identifies you, nor will we pass on your contact details to any third party without your prior consent unless there is a legal obligation to do so
- We will comply with the current legislation for data protection
collect information to help us fulfil the objectives set out in our
constitution: namely, to promote education and standards in regulatory affairs,
to collect statistics and cooperate with allied organisations.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, employer and job title
- Your contact information including email addresses, postal/social media addresses and postcodes
- Demographic information such as date of birth, gender and nationality and other information to assist with diversity monitoring
- Educational information
- Your preferences and interests
- CPD information uploaded by you or via automated processes
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers
Most of this data will be supplied by you when you use on-line forms and accounts or when you participate in surveys. Other information will be collected by automatic means eg cookies (see later).
We require this information to meet our obligations to you if you are a IS COM member or a user of IS COM services. We also use it to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Specifically, data may be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping (eg members and attendees at events)
- Administration, management and improvement of the services we offer (including awards, accreditations, qualifications and networks)
- To provide information on other goods and services which we think you may find interesting or valuable
- To contact you for market research or statistical purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail
- To customise our website according to your interests
We will only collect information that is relevant to our objects and the services we provide and we will only keep it for as long as reasonable for that purpose.
will be asked to give your express consent to our using your data for the
purposes outlined above and you may change your preferences in this regard at
Please be aware that as a membership organisation, IS COM has a legal obligation to ensure that all our members receive certain information. Therefore, if you choose to unsubscribe this will not affect correspondence, we send to you which is required to fulfill our contract with you as a member, to fulfil legitimate interests or comply with our legal obligations. For as long as you are a member, you will continue to receive member bulletins, information on governance matters (eg elections), publications and administrative information regarding your membership, irrespective of the other preferences you have specified.
You may update your preferences at any time by signing in to the IS COM area of this website and editing your contact preferences, or by emailing email@example.com.
committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent
unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical,
electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we
IS COM has a Data Retention Policy which means that personal data is only held for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or in line with legal requirements.
You have the right to access, rectify, delete, or restrict the use of data we hold about you.
- You can visit the preference centre to update your preferences
- You may ask to see the personal data we hold on you in according with our Subject Access Request policy
- You may request deletion of your record on our database at any time
website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have
used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any
control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the
protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting
such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You
should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the
website in question.
Occasionally we may use advertising on social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, and on third-party websites to promote IS COM events and campaigns and to encourage people to join IS COM. We will not use your member data to target our advertising on social media platforms.
We will not provide, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: IS COM, No. 21, Persiaran Kledang Timur 21, Bandar Baru Menglembu, 31450 Menglembu Perak. Malaysia. or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
text files that are stored by the browser or by a mobile phone (Android or
iPhone) on your computer or mobile device. They allow websites to store such
things as user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a 'memory'
for the website, enabling it to recognise a user and respond appropriately.
Among the tracking tools we use are UTM codes and Google Analytics cookies.
UTM codes allow us to determine when a user has arrived on our site from an external link (such as a link in one of our email newsletters) or from an advertisement on our site or placed with a third-party website, social media platform, or publication. The data we receive from these codes does not contain personally identifiable information.
Find out more about cookies and how you can control them here.
Most browsers and phones have ways to stop accepting classes of cookies, or to stop accepting cookies from a particular website. Help in turning off cookies can be found in your browser or mobile phone help files or at www.aboutcookies.org. Bear in mind however, that using cookies is needed for some transactions and turning them off might mean you are not able to book on our events, for example.
mobile app for the Annual Symposium is owned and hosted by a third party, ISDA.
By logging in to the app, we may:
- Share your details with sponsors and exhibitors, including your name and email
- Send you promotional emails related to the event
You may opt out of your data being shared for marketing purposes at any stage. In addition to the data you submit upon registering, we store and also match profile data with basic statistics of use, including page views, messages, images, activity feed, points, votes, session attendance, exhibitor visits, forms submitted or feedback and device type.
IS COM may update this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.